Studies over, it’s now time to get the career growth. It is now time to start applying to the job offers available in the market. But to approach the recruiter, the first thing you need in a resume. If you are wondering how to make a resume for freshers, then continue reading. You must have seen different types of resume formats online, and you are looking to choose the best resume format for a job as a fresher. The format you want for your resume is the first move to get the job. It is hence, necessary to correctly highlight skills and strengths.
In this article, you will learn the complete guide on –
- What is a Freshers resume
- How to make a resume for freshers for job
- Simple resume format for freshers
- What skills should I list on my resume?
- Which type of resume is best for freshers?
- Career objectives for a fresher:
- Resume Sample Format For Fresher
What is a fresher resume?
In simple words, it refers to a resume created by an individual who is a fresher. By fresher, we mean that he has recently graduated from college or who has less working experience. A resume for freshers must have things that impress the hiring manager. It must convince the hiring manager that yes, this is the right candidate for the job. You should always consider your resume as a medium to introduce yourself. Your resume should present you as a proper candidate for the job, and that can be done only with good content and correct resume format for fresher. Hence, it is imperative to invest quality time in drafting and formatting your resume.
For a fresher who has no experience, applying for a job is not easy. A right resume format for freshers is necessary to compete with other applicants. A resume for fresher must be able to represent an individual professionally in the application process. Hence, your resume format for the job must contain sections that present vital information about your qualities.
How to make a resume for freshers for job?
For a fresher, it is recommended that the length of the resume is a maximum of 1 page. It must display all the relevant and important skills as per the job requirements. Hence, you must follow these points in order to make the perfect resume for freshers–
- Choose the right resume format for job- Choosing a suitable resume format for employment is the first step to build a perfect resume. If you search online, you will find many types of resume formats. In general, these types are chronological resume, functional resume, and combination resume. These resume formats must be selected as per the job and the number of years of experience. As an example, a chronological resume is useful for candidates who have multiple years of experience. The reason for this is this resume format lists the most recent work experience at the top of the resume. However, a fresher resume format should emphasize skills than work experience. Hence, for a resume for fresher, you must choose a functional resume.
- List your relevant work experience and key accomplishments – When writing resumes for freshers for job, highlighting your current achievements is a must. Since, right now, you have close to no work experience, you may highlight accomplishments in academics, projects, and extra-curricular activities.
- List your important projects done during the graduation or post-graduation – To give you an additional advantage over the other candidates, it is recommended that you should mention any internship or awards and volunteering activities. These will certainly add value to your resume.
- Correct the formatting – Making your resume legible is essential for you to get the job. While writing your resume, you must keep in mind that your resume should be easy to understand and read. Small things like choosing the right fonts such as Calibri, Arial, or Times New Roman, using the correct size are essential. A font size of 12 is an ideal fit for the best resume format. Also, it is recommended that you use bullets to highlight information as it helps the recruiter to find them. Allow the right spaces in between the words and sentences. Don’t just cramp your resume with information too carefully written.
- Proofreading – Think from the recruiter. Would you want to read a resume which has grammatical or typo errors. Of course, as a hiring manager, you would think that the candidate is unprofessional or maybe careless. Therefore, it is essential to proofread your resume to avoid a wrong impression on the recruiters.
Simple resume format for freshers
The Best resume format is pretty simple and must include the following. You can add them to your resume or remove them from the current resume format. It depends on the relevancy to the position you have applied –
- Header – Information about the name and contact- in a large standard font, big enough to read easily.
- Resume Career objectives – this section to be brief and clear. The career objective in your resume will provide a summary on your desire and enthusiasm to join the organization.
- Educational Qualifications- provide your skill sets in reference to the job requirement. It is better to use a similar career objective that matches your applied job.
- Additional skills- Any additional skill is to be mentioned here. This gives an additional information in terms of skills to the employers.
- Relevant experience- You may mention here, any projects, internships or relevant work experience to the applied job.
- Languages known – Some organizations prefer candidates who are good in speaking and writing a particular language. There is no harm in mentioning the additional language you know, it will give an edge to your resume from other candidates.
- Certificates and courses – Any additional certifications received or courses done can be written in this section. These are the additions to your educational qualification.
- Achievements- Here you have to define your achievements.
- References, if any – If you know someone who is already working in the company, you may mention the reference name. Or if you have applied through a reference, it best to inform the recruiter. Sometimes, the references work in your favour.
You may read more about the career objective here – How to write best career objective for resume for fresher
Follow the tips above to create the best resume for freshers for job.
FAQ for freshers resume
What skills should I list on my resume?
The important skills to mention in the resume are:
- Active listening skills – This involves listening and giving full attention to the speaker.
- Communication skills – These can be social skills, listening skills, and interpersonal skills.
- Creative skills – Creative skills are essential as the companies are always on the lookout for innovative people or thinkers. This helps the company to get fresh ideas and problem solutions.
- Decision-making skills – It is very often that a particular decision has to be taken in the interest of the company. A person with excellent decision-making skills is always a top priority in the company.
- Interpersonal skills – These are the traits that you rely on when you are interacting and communicating with others.
- Technical skills – Knowledge required to perform specific tasks, like computer skills or clerical skills.
- Customer servicing skills – In the ever-growing customer-focused industries, an employee must be customer-focused. For a client to be happy, an employee must possess excellent client servicing skills. Hence, these are fundamental skills.
- Job-specific skills – These are a particular type of skills related to the job. It does come with experience. If you have done an internship or summer job, then you may highlight it in your resume.
- Leadership and management skills
- Teamwork skills
Which type of resume is best for freshers?
A chronological resume is useful for candidates who have multiple years of experience. The reason for this is this resume format lists the most recent work experience at the top of the resume. However, a fresher resume format should emphasizes on skills than the work experience. Hence, for a resume for fresher, you must choose a functional resume.
How a fresher resume should be?
A freshers resume should be simple, easy to understand. It must provide accurate details to the employer about the applicant. The information to the employer should be relevant and too much information should be avoided.
How can I make a simple resume?
You can follow the following guide in writing a simple resume:
- Choose the right format
- Choose the right font and text size
- Provide crisp and precise information.
- Make your resume readable.
- Provide the correct details.
- Look for references if necessary.
- Proofread again
Career objectives for a fresher:
- “To explore the new opportunity and work in a dynamic environment.”
- “Work in an organization which helps to improve my skills and knowledge and also to explore new opportunities to grow with the company.”
- “To learn new skills, enhance my knowledge and experience and to utilize my interpersonal skills effectively and efficiently.”
- “Hard-working and disciplined individual looking for an opportunity to utilize and gain remarkable experience.”
- “[Degree] in [Subject] and have lead many student conventions with my strong [Skills], as well as my expertise in areas such as [x,y and z].”
Resume Sample Format For Fresher
Also Read –
- How to introduce yourself in interview
- How to Introduce Yourself in an Email for a Job
- Successful and professional resume objective example statement
Write your strongest skills and place it up at the top of your resume. If you are not sure that this is the best resume format as per your specific situation. You may google and find the variety of resources available and can tailor-make it as per your suitability. With a little practice and patience, we are sure that you can create a professional resume to stand you out of the competition.